The combat Air Vehicle (AV) provides a highly accurate strike capability with an anti-personal, anti-tank or thermobaric warhead. The addition of a daylight and thermal camera (uncooled IR), integrated in the fuselage allows for automated targeting and the assessment of a target before finalizing a strike. The AV is catapult
launched and ruggedized, vehicle mounted ground station controls the operation of the air vehicle. Each WARMATE 2 AV is stored and transported in dedicated hard case, which allows to charge onboard batteries without pulling AV out. WARMATE 2 is designed to be integrated with the vehicle, therefore all ground
segment devices are optimized for integration and operation on ground vehicle, all additional equipment for transportation, launch and communications devices.
WARMATE 2 Ground segment
- WARMATE 2 is designed to be integrated with the vehicle, therefore all ground segment devices are optimized for integration and operation on ground vehicle.
- The ground segment comprises a ground control station (GCS) that is a ruggedized, touch screen computer that allows the user to control the AV and view visual data, and a data transceiver, which is a digital and bidirectional, ground data terminal (GDT), secured datalink that allows for the transmission of flight controls
from the GCS to the AV.
- Users can easily set and modify flight plans using the user-friendly software installed on the GCS. Realtime
data from the AV is displayed on the same screen as a map detailing the location, speed, and altitude of
- One ground vehicle contains 2 GCS devices. First one is for the operator to control the AV, second is for
commander to supervise ongoing operation.
- The Air Vehicle takes off from the vehicle mounted, elastomer launcher.
- GDT is mounted on the top of foldable, pneumatic mast to extend data link capability.
- The Ground Segment contains also FONET intercom system and RADMOR personal radios to provide
effective communication between all crew members either inside and outside the ground vehicle.
- Additional equipment such as AV charger, hard cases for warheads and for GDT are also provided as a ground